Meridian @ your library:
Meridian Technology Center is now partnering with the Stillwater Public Library to provide low-cost computer classes for beginners and seniors! Topics covered include: Windows 10 Basics, Creating Simple Documents in Microsoft Word, Using Email, Using the Internet and more!
All of the Fall 2019 classes will be taught from the same book. Meridian charges a one time fee of $17 for the book.
Meridian also offers a wide variety of computer classes at their facility. For information about short-term computer classes offered at Meridian Technology Center, view their online catalog or contact their Computer Training Services at 405-377-3333.
Free one-on-one tutoring:
The library offers FREE one-on-one computer learning sessions to individuals. The sessions are one hour each and must be reserved in advance at the Help Desk, by email, or by calling 405-372-3633 x8106.
Sessions take place:
- 1st and 3rd Monday evenings at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Sunday afternoons at 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday evenings at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- If additional times are needed please email Emily States to arrange a session
Computer learning sessions can cover a wide-array of topics from beginning to high-intermediate computer and software use. For example:
- Beginning computer use, such as mousing, parts of a computer, turning on a computer
- Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Using mobile devices like iPhones, Android phones or Kindle Fires
- Using the internet
- Setting up an email account
- Using Facebook or Twitter
- Using the Oklahoma Virtual Library to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks